St Vincent’s Private Hospital (SVPH) has an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing Cadetship.
We have been running Graduate Nurse Programs since 1989 as well as a successful TVET program for Assistants in Nursing for the past three years and will commence the second intake of our cadetship in 2013.
We are one of the leading tertiary level private hospitals located in the CBD and are recognised as an Associate Teaching Hospital of the University of New South Wales and University of Notre Dame. We have affiliations with many NSW universities. SVPH has 276 beds, with approximately 20,000 admissions per annum.
About the Program
The normal length of a Bachelor of nursing degree is three years fulltime. This can be completed at any recognised university.
The student will need to work at St Vincent’s Private Hospital over the three year period for a minimum 60 days each year, usually working up to 1 or 2 days a week. Pay will be at the Assistant in Nursing rate as per our hospital pay scales.
The program is partially funded by the department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR). The student will receive $600 each fort night within university semesters and a $1000 book allowance.
Why Choose St Vincent’s Private Hospital
- Acute Casemix
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Supernumery period.
- Scheduled debriefing sessions
- Very supportive nurse education department
- Daily ward educational sessions
- Currently involved in reconciliation action plan
- Diversity Health programs
- Access to campus and online library
- Electronic Continuing Professional Development (eCPD)
- A well planned, developed and professionally structured program
- Clinical Nurse Educators on each ward
- St Vincent’s Private Hospital has four Professors of Nursing on campus
- Preceptors and Clinical Nurse Specialists available
- Professional and friendly workplace
- St Vincent’s Private Hospital hopes the nursing student will link in with the Congress of Aboriginal and Torres Islander Nursing (CATSIN) mentor program www.indiginet.com.au/catsin
Mrs Thelma De Lisser-Howarth
(02) 8382 7111 pager 0337
Mr Jeremy Gowing
Nursing Unit Manager
(02) 8382 7111 pager 0537
Miss Natasha Franklin
(02) 8382 7190 pager 0402